(KJV.) MATTHEW 28:12-14
(12) And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money into the soldiers,
(13) Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
(14) And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.
YOU KNOW, THAT IS A LIE!
(12) And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money into the soldiers, Brethren, Halleluyah! Halleluyah! Halleluyah! Jesus is risen, the angel said unto the women; go quickly and tell his disciples that he goeth before you into Galilee; where you will see him; as they left the tomb; some of the watchmen, came into the city, and told the chief priest everything that happened; and when they came together with the elders, and conspired, they gave large money unto the soldiers; why? (i) to lie to the whole world that Jesus never rose again from the dead; (ii) that his corpse was stolen by his disciples from the tomb; for, in Matthew 17:23; Jesus told them, "And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again." therefore, they decided to offer money to the watchmen, to shut their mouths up entirely, that they do not relate the truth about what they saw happened at the tomb to others; however, their schemes and lies could not overshadow the glory of our Father from shinning in the life of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior; iii) after his resurrection, he appeared to his disciples and many people saw him; and witnessed to the truth, that he has risen again; (iv) they that saw him before his ascension into heavenly places, where more than the watchmen and elders who conspired to bury the truth and overshadowed the glory of his resurrection from the dead; therefore, as believers, let us always stand by the truth; for truth will always prevail over lies: for, it is written, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32); what is the truth? The truth is, "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to our Father accept through him." (John 14:6): therefore let us come unto him today. with all our labors and heavy laden, there is rest in him forevermore.
(13) Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept. Lies! Lies! Pant on fire! Brethren, (i) this is evil connotation; the elders are desperate, not thinking right, but making up lies to cover up their shameful deeds, that did not materialized, Jesus won the battle against the devil and his army forever; (ii) in the past, if a soldier or a guard sleeps on the job, and as the result of his negligence a prisoner escapes, that soldier is put to death; let us ask ourselves, in this event, how come the guards were not put to death, if it is true but were set free, and not only that, but received monetary rewards, for allowing Jesus disciples to steal his body out of a secured tomb?: this is a lie and work of the enemy; for, it is written, in the book of Isaiah 59:5; "They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper."; therefore they lied to their own people; however, the truth is, (iii) Jesus triumphant over the devil; crushed his head into pieces, threw his meat out in the desert, and have the keys of hell and death, and he lives forevermore.
(14) And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you. Brethren, now they cover up their lies; saying, if Pontius Pilate the governor hears about it; they will cause him to believe their lies and protect the guards from any danger or harm; (i) if they were telling the truth, and not lying to the people, why do they need protection; (ii) who will want to harm them if they rightfully did what they were supposed to do and nothing negative or positive happened while they were on duty; (iii) but they knew that they were making up stories to back up their system that had failed its purpose to eradicate all traces of Jesus Christ and his ministry on earth; however, our Father subdued under Jesus, all those that rose up against him; his enemies of righteousness and grant him victory; today, we thank our Father, who had given us victory also through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; and freed us from all iniquities by his shed blood on cross of Calvary forevermore.
Dearly beloved, in today's context, we read about how evil people schemed and lied to cover up their failures to stop the glory of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ from shinning throughout the whole world; did they succeed? No! therefore, as believers in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior; regardless of what enemies do to cover up our Father's glories in our lives, they will not succeed ever!; for ways of our Father are mysterious to accomplish his works in our lives, therefore, let us be encouraged in the faith of his righteousness; that regardless of hindrances from our enemies, to stop our progress to destinations in life; the truth will one day come out and prevail over their lies: if we have not yet accepted Jesus Christ into our hearts as Lord and Savior; let us do so today; for his blood avails much and we are free from all iniquities forever and evermore. Amen and Amen!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
(KJV.) 1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?