Translate

Friday, June 12, 2015

DAILY BREAD OF LIFE



(KJV.)  JONAH 2:7-9


(7)  When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.
(8)  They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
(9)  But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving;  I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.


WHERE ARE WE GOING?


Brethren, the above context is parts of Jonah's prayer to the LORD, when he was swallowed up in the belly of the fish, for three days and three nights;  we all know the story of Jonah's disobedience to the LORD;  (i)  to cry against the city of Nineveh, for repentance from sins, to avoid the wrath of our Father;  (ii)  Jonah knew that our Father is always merciful to his children, if he cries to Nineveh, and they repent from their sins, our Father will forgive and will not punish them;  (iii)  also, Jonah, knew that the journey to Nineveh was a three days journey and if he preaches unto the city, and the people repented, and their sins were forgiven, his journey will be fruitless to him; therefore, he reasoned with his own self conscience, and refuse to obey the LORD, got into a boat to flee away from his presence, and going the opposite direction, from Nineveh;  but who can flee away from the LORD?;  he is everywhere, all things are within his sovereignty;  the Psalmist said, "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." (Psalm 139:7-8);  interestingly, some of us are the Jonahs of this day and age, we live our lives in disobedience to words of our Father at all times;  though we hear the call of Jesus Christ; saying come unto me, ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest;  we say, not now, maybe later;  let us carry my own burdens, it is not too heavy on our shoulders, we can carry them ourselves, we do not need Jesus!;  (v)  we hear the voice of Jesus Christ, calling, saying; take your cross and follow me, be my disciple, do my will; but we say; not now, maybe later, let me enjoy myself a little longer, life is good!;  (v) again, we hear the voice of our Father, saying, "worship me in the beauty of holiness, reverence before me and I will bless you," but we say, our Father is everywhere, we do not need to go to church, he can bless us wherever we reside anyways;  my brothers and sisters, let us not live our lives to please ourselves but live our lives to please our Father, do what he requires us to do; for we do not owe ourselves, we are his creation, the sheep of his pastures, he owns our souls and can destroy his own creation, today, Jesus is saying to humanity, I died for you, come to me, walk with me, get to know the Father through me, obey his voice, walk in righteousness into life everlasting.  I love you!  


Case in point, when our Father created his children, he gave them dominion over the earth, though he is our Father, he gave us instruction on what is good or bad for us he also gave us the grace to make our own choices in life;  our Father does not force anyone against their own will, but he allows us to make right or wrong choices in life, when we make wrong choices, he gives us chances over and over again, to learn from our mistakes, correct ourselves and be in proper alignment with his will to receive salvation, grace and life everlasting;  therefore, when Jonah cried out with prayers inside the belly of the fish; saying, (i)  they that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy;  that is, if we pay more attention to deceitful vain glories of this world, we give up what is important to our lives, our own salvation, grace and eternal blessings;  therefore, Jonah regretted inside the belly of the fish, and realized that he needed to forsake his own ways, be submissive to our Father, renew his thought process, that after all, he is just a servant, who needed to obey his master, and do his will, to receive eternity;  therefore, he said;  "I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed.  Salvation is of the LORD."; amazingly, Jonah realized that instead of disobeying his master, running away from him, he will rather yield himself entirely to his will, with gratitude and joyfulness of heart, honor his calling as a prophet, the mouth piece of the LORD; that sin can destroy the grace of salvation and life everlasting;  therefore his perspective on the LORD changed and he realized that our Father is the supreme source of life, truth and love everlasting: and as soon as Jonah learned his lesson, to obey our Father, honor his words regardless of how he feels; for whatever our Father says is finalized; the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land;  whoosh!


CONCLUSION: 


Dearly beloved, the LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy. (Psalm 103:8);  therefore, we have second and third chances with him, whenever we make mistakes, let us admit our wrong doings to Jesus Christ, asked him for help to rectify our errors, put them behind us and move on to next levels in life; let us not feel condemn, worry or afraid but believe in our Father, accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; for there is salvation, free grace and life everlasting in him. Amen and Amen!


QUOTES OF THE DAY:


(KJV.)  Psalm 50:14-15  Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:... And call upon me in the day of trouble:  I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST TO PONDER ON!

EL ELOHIM MINISTRIES - The End Times : THIS WORD IS FOR YOU!

EL ELOHIM MINISTRIES - The End Times : THIS WORD IS FOR YOU! :  Peace be unto you! The things that are unfavourable to you now, maybe the sa...