(18) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
(19) Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
(20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
(21) Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
(22) Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eye service, as men pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
(23) And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
(24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
(25) But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
Brethren in Christ, Paul Apostle, advises followers of Christ, to walk in the attributes of Godliness; by living as those made alive in Christ: the context is pretty clear on the Holy Spirit instructions for Christian households.
Case in point, as wives, we are to submit to our spouses; what do this means? the woman was created from the ribs of a man, while a man was created out of dust of the earth: in this aspect, the woman is believed to be part of the man; therefore, she ought to submit to him: unless where God forbids, while he (the man) submits to God the Father who created him out of the ground. Husbands, are to love their wives without bitterness, in words or spirit: *Children, are to obey their parents in all things lawful to Christ; and in the will of the parent is the law of the child in Christ for his sake: *Fathers, are not to provoke their children to anger; which might turn them into stupid or desperate children: *Servants are to obey their masters; with the single intention of doing the right without looking any further; and acting from a principle dictated by God: whatever we do, lets do it cheerfully and diligently to the Lord and not to men: for with the Lord we shall receive the reward of inheritance in Jesus. Whosoever doeth wrong shall be rewarded for his wrong doing; for there is no respecter of persons.
(Deuteronomy 13-14) And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul. (14) That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.
Brethren in Christ, are we submitting to your husbands? are we loving our wives as Christ also love us? are we obeying our parents in all things? are we provoking our children? As servants at work, are we obeying our superiors? Let us do all things cheerfully to the Lord and not unto men; for Jesus is a re warder of those that diligently serve him. Amen and Amen!